Marija
Charles Dickens 'Oliver Twist' Hey people! Recently I started reading Charles Dickens 'Oliver Twist'. I like reading it, altough it can get tricky at times, considering the style that Dickens used in this novel and the 19th centurys vocabulary... Are there any people who read this book? Did you like it? Are there really any words in this book that are still used in todays English:D Cause whenever I read it the arrangement of the sentences just seems to be sooo wrong... Anyway... Please don't hesitate and share your experiences:)
Nov 3, 2012 10:01 AM
7
0
I've read it about four or five years ago. As far as I remember, I liked it. But it was so long ago, that I can not describe my emotions about it more detailed)) Anyway, I think it does no matter if the book is old or modern, it is useful to read it.)
No I mean, the book is written in a very odd style, wich isn't used in modern literature anymore. Therefor it looks that the arrangement of items is incorect, but it's actually correct.
you mean there is a lot of grammatical errors in that book..i hate reading books since my school.
Marija
English, German, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Spanish
German, Portuguese, Spanish