Lee
Could you make more examples of "You name it" Thank you
3
1
'You name it', is usually when you're telling the person what you want or need. For Example if you (Lee) said to me: 'Jennifer I need a favor.' I would reply: 'You name it!' This reply means that whatever you are going to ask me to do, I will do it; just tell me more about what you need me to do. Another Example: If I were looking to purchase a car but only had a budget of $3000. Then I would walk up to the car salesman and say: 'I'm looking to buy a car but I have a small budget.' The salesman would reply, "Okay, you name it." The saleman's reply is like saying Okay, tell me more about what you want.
In the following example you could add 'you name it' to the end of the question to emphasize your willingness to help : 'Is there anything I can do to help you? You name it!'
It essentially means 'anything you can think of'. It is a short way of saying "You name it, we've got it" For example: You: "What types of guitar do you sell in this shop?" Me: "You name it"
Lee