chen
Questions about preposition "in" 1.) I read "in" my Flipboard (an iphone news APP) that there was a power outage in New York. Has the power come back up? 2.) From time to time the memories in the past would enter “in” my mind. I’d often fantasize what I would have done differently if I were given a choice to re-live my life again. In both sentences, is the preposition “in” used correctly? What would be a better way to re-write them if they don’t sound natural to you?
5 de nov de 2012 6:10
1
0
Both sentences are understandable. But to make them more natural to an English speaker i would probably say: I read "ON" my Flipboard (an iphone news APP) that there was a power outage in New York. Has the power come back up? From time to time the memories OF the past would enter (DELETE THE WORD IN) my mind. I’d often fantasize what I would have done differently if I were given a choice to re-live my life again.
5 de Noviembre de 2012
chen