track.and.basketball
Please paraphrase and explain I can't this part of a passage below.Please paraphrase and explain one of these sequestered pools of obsolete literature to which modern authors repair, and draw buckets full of classic lore, or "pure English, undefiled," wherewith to swell their own scanty rills of thought. (This is a complete paragraph of the part.) My curiosity being now fully aroused, I whispered to one of the familiars, as he was about to leave the room, and begged an interpretation of the strange scene before me. A few words were sufficient for the purpose. I found that these mysterious personages, whom I had mistaken for magi, were principally authors, and were in the very act of manufacturing books. I was, in fact, in the reading-room of the great British Library, an immense collection of volumes of all ages and languages, many of which are now forgotten, and most of which are seldom read: one of these sequestered pools of obsolete literature to which modern authors repair, and draw buckets full of classic lore, or "pure English, undefiled," wherewith to swell their own scanty rills of thought.
6 lis 2012 14:31
1
0
Some modern authors read these volumes of obsolete literature, most of which are off in a section of the library that few people ever visit. These authors take various phrases and stories from these books, which are seldom read by anyone else, and use them to inflate their own writing and make it look better than it actually is. The image is these authors drawing literature as from a well, in buckets
6 listopada 2012
track.and.basketball
English, German, Japanese, Russian
English, German, Russian