Eimantas
Could you correct this text? Today I am going to speak about entertainment. First of all, I don't have my favourite actors even though I watch lots of movies. The problem is that every film has some very brilliant actors and they become my loved ones momentarily. Speaking more about the film stars, I would like to be a famous film star, because I like cinema much and I really appreciate people who spend the whole life trying to shake our hearts behind the screen. Cinema is a creation like some people say. That's way I would say that movies' world is an art form with no doubt. I will mention only two Lithuanian films that I think to be the most worth seeing. It's „TheBook Smuggler“ and „Tadas Blinda. The Beginning“. I could also remember the first Lithuanian musical „Devil's Bride“ that was created some decades earlier. Unfortunatelly, cinema attendance has fallen lately. The main reason is that we live in a technological word, I mean, we can easily watch a movie at home and there's no need to go to the cinema when a new film comes out. Moreover, If had to decide where to go, I would choose the theatre for the same reason. Every play is unique there and it will never be the same in comparison with other theatres in the world. The movie I saw last was called „Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World“. It's about an asteroid which is on a collision course towards Earth. That's way in three weeks the world will come to an absolute end. So, what will you do if you know that you are going to die shortly? When I have to decide on a film to see, I see the rating of it firstly and if they are high enough I read a describtion and only after that I decide if I really want to see this movie or not. So, I think that's all about the entertainment today. Thank you very much!
1
0
I will do the first portion of this text to get you started. I will reformulate it into more "natural" language because there is no single right way to "correct" your thinking/expression. As you say below in your speech, writing/communicating in words (like movies) is an art form. ... ... ... Today I am going to speak about entertainment. .. ... ... Perfect! First of all, I don't have any personal favourite actors, even though I watch lots of movies. The problem is that every film has brilliant actors and they become my favorites for that moment. In fact, film stars are an interest of mine. I would like to be a famous film star, because I like cinema a lot and I really appreciate people who spend their whole life trying to make an impression on their audience. ... ... ... I can feel what you mean by "shake our hearts" but it doesn't translate well into English...that's just my opinion...not sure how you could express that exactly...I offered one expression that sometimes is used. As many people say, cinema is a definitely a kind of creation. That's why I would say that the world of movies is, without a doubt, an art form. ... ... ... Hope that helps get you started.
Eimantas
English, French, German, Lithuanian
English, French, German