nozturk
Are these sentences ok and natural? Or what would you say? I didn't find my life on the street. (They ask me to do something dangerous) I was defeated by my emotions. (I acted with my emotions) I was defeated by my excitement. (I was excited and I failed something)
1
0
I didn't find my life on the street. (They ask me to do something dangerous) ... ... I'm not sure what this means, but: Life on the street is no place to be. I was defeated by my emotions. (I acted with my emotions) ... ... I was overcome with emotion. (I couldn't stop crying) ... ... I let my emotions get the best of me. (I let my anger get out of control) I was defeated by my excitement. (I was excited and I failed something) ... ... My excitement got the best of me, and I wasn't able to ... ... ... I got too excited and so I wasn't able to ...
nozturk
English, Turkish