Sissi
my teacher ask me a quetion, but i do not know how to answer, who can help me? Food can be cheaper if we use improved facilities and better machinery. However, some of the methods may be dangerous for human health, and have negative effects on local community. What’s your opinion?
Nov 7, 2012 1:48 AM
4
0
Each change that gives us greater production must always be measured against the negative aspects of its use. Each year, farmers in the Midwest U.S. use millions of tons of fertilizer that gives us a tremendous crop. However, the fertilizer washes down into the Mississippi River and for 3 to 4 months, all life in the lower Mississippi is dead. What must be found is a way of using only the exact amount of fertilizer needed, so that no runoff into rivers occurs. This is a prime example of weighing advantages against disadvantages.
The best food is grown near to where we live and eaten in season.
Sissi