track.and.basketball
Please paraphrase and explain. I can't fully understand this sentence .Please paraphrase and explain I recognized in him a diligent getter-up of miscellaneous works, which bustled off well with the trade. (This is a complete paragraph of the part.) There was one dapper little gentleman in bright-colored clothes, with a chirping gossiping expression of countenance, who had all the appearance of an author on good terms with his bookseller. After considering him attentively, I recognized in him a diligent getter-up of miscellaneous works, which bustled off well with the trade. I was curious to see how he manufactured his wares. He made more stir and show of business than any of the others; dipping into various books, fluttering over the leaves of manuscripts, taking a morsel out of one, a morsel out of another, "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little." The contents of his book seemed to be as heterogeneous as those of the witches' cauldron in Macbeth. It was here a finger and there a thumb, toe of frog and blind worm's sting, with his own gossip poured in like "baboon's blood," to make the medley "slab and good."
7 nov. 2012 05:45
2
0
He's a man who works diligently and can accomplish various types of works (books, manuscripts, essays, etc) which were widely accepted. This is how I would interpret the meaning.
9 novembre 2012
Well, I'm going to have to go with something like, "I recognized him as a serious, self-motivated worker of various trades who did his work quickly and well." To bustle off means to leave in haste, but I guess in this case it's just telling you that he finishes quickly.
8 novembre 2012
track.and.basketball
English, German, Japanese, Russian
English, German, Russian