Brandon Q.
El voseo I have heard that some Spanish-speakers think that using "vos" instead of "tu" can be a bit offensive. How does voseo sound to you? I'm sure if you're from Argentina, Uruguay, Costa Rica, etc. "vos" sounds completely normal. But for Colombians, Spaniards, Guatemalans, Mexicans, etc. How does "vos" sound to you guys??When I say "voseo", I mean for example: "¡Vení acá!" "Tenés que venir esta noche!" "Qué querés?" "Dormís todo el tiempo." Etc.
May 7, 2013 1:42 AM
For certain old and very tight people in Uruguay it can be seen as vulgar (not offensive) but that is extremely rare and less common with each day that passes. I´ve never had anyone offended by it even in Spain. In some countries we use it, some others don´t, we all know that and understand what the other is saying. There´s no reason to be offended.
hello, I am Colombian and It is not offensive for us, even some Colombians use "vos", I have used "vení, querés, vos " don´t worry about it, I haven´t heard that "vos" form is offensive in any Latin American Country. You can come here and if you use "vos" form it doesn´t bothered any person. I don´t know if it is offensive in Spain.
No. It's not offensive at all. In Spain it's used 100% of the time. But they don't use ''vos'' they used the complete word ''vosotros'' . EX: Vosotros sois los que vienen aquí cada día. It's called Castellano, but it's the same Spanish we all know. It's just other countries dont use it, but is taught on Schools, eventhough it's not used on the current country.
Argentine people say "vos" buy not spanish
Yo ---------- Yo Tu ---------- Tu -------------Vos El --------- El Nosotros -- Nosotros Vosotros -- Ustedes------Vos Ellos ------- Ustedes