Matthew
Please help me! Thanks! I will give you some examples. If they are incorrect , please correct them. 1) Do you have any pen with you? 2) Do you have any discount for me? 3) Did you buy anything for you father yesterday? 4) What is the temperature like in Hong Kong? What is the temperature in Hong Kong like? The temperature in Hong Kong is around 13 degrees. The temperature is above 13 degrees in Hong Kong.
May 19, 2013 2:37 PM
3
0
用地道的英语,会这样说: Do you have a pen? (“With you” is unnecessary and we don’t usually add those words.) Is there a discount on this? (“For me’’ sounds a little unusual, as discounts are for all customers.) Did you buy anything for your father yesterday? What is the weather like in Hong Kong? (This way if you want to use “like.” Using “like” means the temperature in general.) What is the temperature in Hong Kong? (Meaning right now.) The temperature in Hong Kong is about 13 degrees Celsius. (Americans would specify Celsius or Fahrenheit.) The temperature in Hong Kong is above 13 degrees Celsius. If the last two statements were in answer to the question, “What is the temperature in Hong Kong?” we would not repeat “the temperature in Hong Kong” in the answer. We’d simply say “It’s about 13 degrees Celsius.”
1) Do you have a pen with you? 2) Do you have any discounts for me? 3) Did you buy anything for your father yesterday? 4) There is nothing wrong with these.
Matthew
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English