Natalie Dawn
Are they all natural? (I love you?....angry...) Never once did i hear you to say that to me. I never once heard you to say that to me. I can't remember/ recall having ever heard you saying that to me.Please feel free to add some of your own.:)
May 21, 2013 11:32 AM
6
0
Hello Natalie Dawn! Never did I hear you say that to me. I never heard you say that to me. I can't remember hearing you say that to me. Additional ones: Not even once have you ever said that to me. You never ever said that to me. I could not recall you saying that to me. I could hardly remember you saying that to me. The list may keep going on and on. ;) These are a just few for you... :))
Thanks Alan:)
I never once heard you *say that to me.
The first two sentences are not grammatically correct. This is because after the verb "hear," the bare infinitive is used (this means the infinitive without the "to"). So, in these sentences, just use "say" instead of "to say." This is true for a small number of verbs, such as hear, see, watch, help, let, make. So the correct forms are Never once did I hear you say that to me. I never once heard you day that to me.
Natalie Dawn