ninjachewit
how do you say hi in english?
May 22, 2013 11:46 PM
5
0
"Hey, how's it goin'" when passing strangers on the street or on a trail or girl/guy friend meeting Sometimes you'll hear: "Hey girl" two really close female friends meeting "Hey man" two male friends meeting More formal greeting, "Hi, how are you?" (response, "Hello, good and you?")
thanks, that supplement my knowledge...,
Oops, my answers are above.
I hope that helps.
In America: Hello! or Hi! works as well. "Hello" is more polite. I would use "Hello" with someone I am meeting for the first time, or in business/formal occasions. "Hi" would most likely be used between friends or between people who have met rather briefly in the past. For example: You are walking in one direction and someone you've met before is walking in your direction. As you both pass by one another, you can say "Hi!" and continue on your way or stop and chat if you'd like. When I am passing people by (whether I know them or not), I usually smile, wave my hand a little bit, and say "Hey, how are you doing?" and continue on walking because they usually reply with "Hey! Good and you?", and I reply with "Good." Just small talk with strangers, but maybe stopping and chatting with friends if there is time to do so (if I am not busy).
ninjachewit
French