Anotherworld
Do you think he would be anything at all? What does that mean? LORELAI: Oh, Mom. Do you think that Christopher would have his own company right now if we'd gotten married? Do you think he would be anything at all? Do you think he would be anything at all? 1)What the sentence means? 2)Isn't "At all" used when the sentence is negative? Please help me! Thanks!
May 23, 2013 2:38 AM
4
0
She is asking if her mother thinks he will be anything, as in successful in a career. Any career at all, just successful in whichever one.
Yeah. It is hard for me to understand and follow them. So, I watch them with English subtitles and when they talk so fast that I can't follow them, I pause it a little and resume again after I understand what they said with English subtitles. Gilmore girls really is the beautiful world that I wish I would live in. : )
Gilmore Girls? Is it hard for you to understand them? I haven't seen the show in a long time, but I remember that they talked so fast it was even hard for me to follow their conversations sometimes!
Anotherworld