Valentina
what is the difference between "till" and "until"???
May 23, 2013 7:26 PM
10
0
It can be understand through the following sentences:- I will not take an exam dates until i am not ready for it. (Until is use in some conditional phrase) Guest will stay here till end of this week. ( Till : can be use in timelines)
There is no difference in meaning. "until" is the regular word and "till" is an informal slang version. "Until" should always be written in formal texts though.
Hello. How are you ? I teach English in a college, and you ? I could help you to improve your spoken English. It is free of charge. I just want to meet new friends and know their cultures, such as : interesting places, education, food etc. I am not an online teacher, but I am ready to be your speaking partner. Please add me & talk on Skype directly = aliagil1
Till isn't just slang it is often found in high level poetry and literature. Until would be typical in business English and non literary formal contexts.
Valentina
English, German, Russian, Ukrainian
English, German