King
what does this sentence mean? ’I shall exult and triumph to you a little that I have now at last — being turned of forty, to my own honour, to that of learning, and to that of the present age — arrived at the dignity of being a householder‘ what does this lollowting sentence mean! ——'’I shall exult and triumph to you a little that I have now at last — being turned of forty, to my own honour, to that of learning, and to that of the present age' thanks in advance!
May 24, 2013 11:42 AM
2
0
I think that it means: " I will brag a little to you that I having turned the age of 40 have just become an owner of a house" Owning land or a property during that time period was usually held for people of nobility or for those of the upper class. The speaker is also attributing to the fact of him owning a house is due in part to his "learning" or education.
King