Moti Shwartzbard
can someone explain me this sentence? A good husband said to his wife: If Jannah was a flower…! I would pick it for you…! If Jannah was a bird…! I would catch it for you…! If Jannah was a house…! I’d build it for you, but since Jannah is a place no eye has ever seen…! What's the point?
May 24, 2013 11:43 AM
5
0
Jannah is an eternal place or the conception of paradise. The good husband would give it to his wife if he could because he loves her so much but since it is a place that has never been seen it is not possible.
"Can someone explain this sentence to me?" ("explain me" means "me" is the mystery) Basically, the husband mean that if Jannah were something of this world and physical, he would be able to make it available for his wife. However, it is not in his power to do so.
This phrase expresses the extent of the wife's love for her husband
may be it sounds pessimistically ,,,but in case his wife wanted smth. material or valuable which was possible to get the husband would say ""'Oh darling , now I ll get it for u , but not now ,, i have some bills to pay , but sure I ll get it for u next time"'''.... he know that Jannah is smth.. unreal , that s why he tells all these, bla bla ,,,, Sorry for pessimism ,,,,
this is a story or excerpt? what is this? where did you find?
Moti Shwartzbard
English, German, Hebrew
English, German