mayllt
what does "in lieu of anything to the contrary from you "mean? "Dasher to Dresser. I feel the danger has grown. We don't know whether this is an isolated thing, a plot, or a coup. If it's a coup, Washington is sure to be a part of it, and I want Lyric back in a secure setting." Raymond Street, he remembered, was a dead end, a kidnaper's dream. “We'd be primed for a snatch, and in lieu of anything to the contrary from you I'm taking Lyric back to Crown."
24 พ.ค. 2013 เวลา 14:49
3
0
Dasher is telling Dresser that unless Dresser has information that definitively shows that this is an isolated incident and not a coup, Dasher is going to take Lyric back to Crown where it is more secure..
24 พฤษภาคม 2013
I would like to know which book you are reasing. It sounds interesting. Not only this one but you generally read good stuff. So if you sont mind sharing please tell me which books you have read recently of if there is a particular author that you stick to.
24 พฤษภาคม 2013
'in lieu of anything to the contrary from you' means in place of anything apart from what Dasher is saying (i.e. taking Lyric back to Crown). To put it simply Dasher doesn't care what Dresser ideas are for Lyric. He just wants to take Lyric back to Crown no matter what.
24 พฤษภาคม 2013
mayllt