Teacher Beth
Professional Teacher
Please can you check these sentences (on and off in Chinese) Please can you check these sentences It's been raining on and off all day. 今天时不时地下着雨 It rained on and off today.今天断断续续地下了雨 It rained on and off all day today.今天,雨断断续续下了一天 It's been raining on and off all night. 今晚丝丝拉拉地下着雨 It rained on and off all night. 雨丝丝拉拉下了一晚上 I studied Chinese on and off all day today. 今天我断断续续学习了一天的汉语了
May 24, 2013 8:29 PM
3
0
1.今天不時下著雨. 2.今天的雨一陣一陣的下. 3.斷斷續續地下了一整天雨. 6.讀讀停停地. 我念了一整天的漢語. I correct your sentences according to the Chinese ones. But, about the English ones, I take the sixth for example. You can say "我斷斷續續學習漢語三年了." However, in Chinese, "all day" emphasizes the meaning of continuation, so far as study.
Hello, Beth. I think your Mandarin should be an intermediate level or above as you completed this exercise very well. So I'd like to give you the following comments in Chinese. 你的句子都对而且非常自然,不像是外国人写的句子。你能够使用不同的表达方法来翻译“on and off",这很难,但你做得非常好! 另外,我想说的是同一个句子可以有很多种不同的翻译方法,没有对与错。但你可以多学习不同的译法,这样对你的汉语学习也很有帮助。
Teacher Beth
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German