Thuy Nguyen Thanh
"I think..." vs "I would think..." When expressing opinions, someone begin with "I think..." while others say "i would think..." What's the difference between these two sentences??? Thanks in advance!
May 25, 2013 7:11 AM
5
0
'I would think' often is 'I would think so too' in agreement. 'I would think' means 'In that situation, in that case, in those circumstances I think...'. whereas 'I think' is just a bald statement, unconditional.
There is not much difference between them. "I would think" is normally used when you are making a conclusion from evidence, and your conclusion might be different from those you are talking to. "I think" can mean this as well, but can also be a simple statement of opinion. You can say "I think Kylie is the greatest singer ever" but not "I would think Kylie is the greatest singer ever".
Thuy Nguyen Thanh
English, Vietnamese