woman
How do you feel about foreign words which are used in your language? Spanish,my lenguage tongue, has words that are derived from many other languages. In my opinion it's enriching. But how you feel about foreign words which are used in your language?
25 мая 2013 г., 16:47
5
0
How do you define 'foreign'? Most words in English are from French, or German, or other related languages (Latin, Danish). I read somewhere that English has more words than most other languages because of its tendency to absorb words from other languages. We don't even notice words like canteen, toboggan, or robot, or think of them as 'foreign'.
25 мая 2013 г.
The same goes for me. In Turkish too,there are too many foreign words from different countries. I feel really bad about this , i've always wanted our language to be like in the past. And i think it's kind of our responsiblity too. For example teenagers in these days use too many foreign words (even it is unnecessary). We too , must protect our language but stil... Well, i hope it'll be fine in the future. ^^
25 мая 2013 г.
They remind me of the rich history of my culture and allow me to express myself more accurately. AND help me with language learning! :)
25 мая 2013 г.
It means it's easier to learn that foreign language.
27 мая 2013 г.
Yes Bill. It's difficult define "foreign" when we don't know the history behind "borrowed words". I enjoy using foreing words, whether there is an existing word for it in my lenguage or not.
25 мая 2013 г.
woman