Follow your HEART
is it right? the people have suffered for 5 years ... I helped the people 2 years ago.. "i helped the people who have suffered from the disease" this sentence is right?
2013년 5월 29일 오전 12:44
1
0
I think it would be better to say, "I helped the people who HAD suffered from the disease" OR "I helped the people who HAD BEEN SUFFERING from the disease." That is, use either the tense we call the past perfect, or the tense we call the past perfect continuous. Both of those tenses are used when there were two events in the past, one of which occurred before the other. In your sentence, first people suffered; and then you helped them. The past perfect simply relates two events in time. The past perfect continuous both relates two events in time, and also puts an emphasis on the duration (length of time) of the earlier event.
2013년 5월 29일
Follow your HEART
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean, Spanish