dverga
Are these sentences correct? Imagine I've lost my bike. Can I say to a friend, either "Let's go looking for my bike" or "Let's go seeking to my bike"? Is there any difference?
2013年5月29日 19:29
7
0
I don't know, but something wrong with both for me. I feel like "Let's go find my bike".
2013年5月29日
The first one is good. You can also say "Let's go look for my bike." "Let's go find my bike." "Let's go see if we can find my bike." "Seek" is usually looking for more important things, things that aren't concrete: seek advice, refuge, your fortune. The noun after it is the direct object, so there is no preposition.
2013年5月29日
I would say either, let's look for my bike or let's search for my bike. To include the word 'go' in the sentence I would add 'and'. Let's go and look for my bike or let's go and search for my bike.
2013年5月29日
Your last sentence is wrong, however you can say "let's go searching/to search for my bike".
2013年5月29日
"Let's look for my bike," and "let's go look for my bike," sound the most natural to me. I agree with Goatish about the word 'seek'.
2013年5月29日
dverga
English, French, Italian