Kyle -- Кайл
Hi all, is it common or uncommon for teachers to use video Skype when giving lessons? I have had two lessons and both were audio only. Is it rude to ask for video? I feel like there is a lot to be gained from seeing body language, and it feels friendlier.
May 31, 2013 3:02 AM
14
1
Why not? If you feel more comfortable speaking with video. It may safely be asked them to turn on the video stream. Especially if you pay money for your lessons. Just tell them that it is going to be more productive to you if they will be giving lessons with video. And that's it. :)
I usually use video, I think it's better for both student and teacher)
Hi! For sure with video is better... seeing who talking with you, whether you´re student or teacher, helps you more to feel free..
Hi! Body language is quite useful ,however, everything is depends on the Quantity of Internet. Usually, people whose Internet isn't perfect prefer to use only audio. Of course you can politely ask for turning on camera. Good luck!!
Hi all, thank you so much for the help. Everyone's answer was very helpful so I just picked the first one as the 'best' answer. Thanks again!
Kyle -- Кайл
Russian