AdrianPiñuela
When to use for and To?
May 31, 2013 6:33 PM
5
0
just remember it. to ~ transfer/exchange for ~ Benefit / good example: i'm going talk to u... ( transfer voice) i'll do that for u... (for helping)
I found this answer at: http://able2know.org/topic/128-1 TO is used with verbs (e.g. the verb "to be"). It is also used in cases where a "transfer" happens. E.g. I will give this book to you. (from me to you) I will go to work. (from home to work) I will talk to her. (information goes from me to her) FOR is used in the following situations: "for the benefit of" e.g. I will do that for you. "purpose" e.g. This brush is for painting. Those aren't rules written in stone, they are just general guidelines Here is an example with both: Give this book to him but it is for his father. Another: I will speak to her for you.
I'm happy to help, but can you be a little more specific? The question is so vague I'm not sure where to start. D:
AdrianPiñuela