irina7374
About English I had one recomendation: I have to write a comma every time if I use in the sentence "but", "because", sometimes "and". I can understand a case with "and": I saw some sentences where I didn't see the comma in this case. Do I have to do it or not every time?
May 31, 2013 7:58 PM
9
0
" .. where there is a breath, or a logical change in a sentence.." Comma is nor required here.
For standard English, you should use a comma before 'and' and 'but' when they joing two complete sentences. I cleaned the garage, and my brother helped. I cleaned the garage and mowed the lawn. I wanted to go to the movies, but my wife wanted to stay home. I wanted to go to themovies but was too tired. Some styles use a comma in front of because, but some do not. Here in the US, a lot of newspapers put a comma before because. However, in academic writing, the comma is not used.
Thank you very much for your answer
In primary school we are taught to write a commar where we would pause in the middle of a sentence.
Thank you very much for your answer
irina7374