chen
The young man swore that he would take ____ his father's killers. A. revenge on B. revenge in C. revenge at D. revenge Note: I just checked the dictionary; it looks like either A or D is the answer. But I still can't make the decision because I found both usages of "revenge on" and "revenge." 1. Other spurned wives have taken public revenge on their husbands. 2. It's a pity he chose that way to revenge his sister. Also, just want to make sure I understood these sentences, in 1, the wives have done something bad to their husbands because they were hurt. In 2, he did something to some inflictors for his sister. Am I right?
6
1
NoAgenda, The only correct answer is A. You are dealing with two different expressions: a. take revenge on their husbands. to take revenge ON someone b revenge his sister (transitive)... to revenge someone or something...to take vengeance on behalf of
A can be the one
Yes, it could be. :)
I am pretty much sure the correct answer has to be A...^_^
chen