Brainer
Are these sentences the same? She had the giggles. She got the giggles.
1 de jun de 2013 16:51
5
0
Maybe they are not both "correct" but I have definitely used both. "How did CJ respond when you told her?" "Oh, she got the giggles." "How did CJ respond when you told her?" "She had the giggles for almost an hour!"
1 de Junio de 2013
No. don't have --- get --- have When you get something, you change from not having it to having it. Hope that explains.
1 de Junio de 2013
meaning same but differnce tense former is past perfect and later is present perfect tense
1 de Junio de 2013
They are both the same. Present tense would be "She's got the giggles" short for "she has got the giggles" which is the same as "She has the giggles" Had is the past tense of have or has ( I have the giggles, she has the giggles) Got is the past tense of Get ( I get the point, she gets the point )
1 de Junio de 2013
She had the giggles. (Past tense) She got the giggles. (Present tense) But, both of these sentences would probably only be used in conversation. (And, it also sounds like the speaker is talking to a child.)
1 de Junio de 2013
Brainer
English, Japanese, Portuguese