Savanna
한마디로 대답하는 건 I hope this isn't confusing but I've been wondering about it. How do you answer a question with one word? For example: "Q: When did you receive it?" A: "Yesterday morning". If you didn't want to say "어제아침에 받았어요", just "yesterday morning", how would you say it? I know with 반말 it would just be "어제아침에" but if you needed to be polite would it be "어제아침에요 / 어제아침입니다"? Must the formal polite include 이다? 잘 설명했으면 좋겠어요. 한국어로 대답할 필요가 있으면 괜찮아요. 감사합니다~
7
0
just like in English, you don't need to repeat "receive" when you answer, except that you are intentionally put emphasis the very action of "rececing." But, unlike in English, anwering without "이다 (to be)" is usually considered being rude or childlike, but still depending on the exact situation. And, I think which variety of "이다" - i.e. 에요/입니다 - you would choose is sort of idosyncratic depending on who you are answering to, albeit "-에요" is more common and sounding naturual in colloquial dialogue.
The most natural answer is '어제 아침에요' This answer is polite and abbreviate :) '어제 아침입니다' is unnatural sentence! :)
Savanna
Korean