Jmat
'To check' that smth. is smth. How would you frame a sentence that means ‘to check that ___ is ____'? What is the general form? Are there different ways of saying it? Apparently the word for 'check' is '查看'. The literal translation would be "我查看___是___", but I doubt it's as simple as that. Can you please help me? 请你帮帮我吗? Here are a few completely random examples in English, just so you know what I mean: I am checking (check) whether there matches are in my pocket. or: Can you check that your phone is charging? He checked that .... was .... etc. Thanks in advance. 谢谢您们。
2 giu 2013 18:44
17
0
You're right. ‘to check that ___ is ____'? simply means (检)查 __是___吗?But it depends, sometimes you need to make a little bit change to make it sound natural. Just take your sentences for example, I am checking (check) whether there matches are in my pocket. 我查看我兜里是否有火柴(formal) 我看看我兜里有没有火柴(casual) 我看看我兜里有火柴没(casual) 我看一下我兜里有没有火柴(casual) Can you check that your phone is charging? 你能检查一下你手机在充电吗?(formal) 你能看看你手机在充电吗?(casual) 你能看一下你手机在充电吗?(casual) 你能看一下你的手机是否在充电吗?(a little formal) 你能看看你手机充电没?(casual) 你能不能瞧一瞧你手机有没有充电?(casual) You can see 检查,是否 make the sentence sound a little bit formal, we would use 看看,看一看,瞧瞧,瞧一瞧 instead in daily speech.
3 giugno 2013
看一下。。。是否。。。 检查。。。是否。。。 确认。。。是否。。。
3 giugno 2013
It's as simple as that~ You can also use 检查、看看 and so on.
3 giugno 2013
Jmat
Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, English, German, Italian
Chinese (Mandarin), German, Italian