Rodrigo
when i use ''make'' or ''do'' ? for example, what is correct ? ''i will do a cake'' or ''i will make a cake''
3
0
Use Make when you produce something.- make a cake (there was no cake, so I made one). Make trouble Make friends Make problems These things did not exist until you "made" them. Use Do when thereis a job, duty, or task: do homework, do my work, do the job, do the assignment do the laundry (the dirty clothes are there already). The job/duty/homework, etc. is already there. You didn't "make" it.
"I will make a cake" is correct. Use "make" when you're talking about objects and "do" when you're talking about actions. "I will do a dance." "I will make dinner." "I will do my chores." "I will make a tree fort." Of course, both of these verbs can also be used in other circumstances (e.g. "I will make you pay", where "to make" is a synonym of "to force or oblige"), but this is a good way to distinguish them from each other.
I will make a cake becase its your action and you produce it.
Rodrigo
English, Portuguese, Spanish