LexRomah
Sentence "우리가 모르는 척 업무를 볼 수는 없지 않습니까?" Could you tell me what does it mean? Does it mean "We can't see that you are not working?" (You're just pretending to work, not really working) To be honest, I'm really confused with "모르는 척 업무". What does this mean?I know what -ㄴ/은/는 척 하다, but this a bit different.*I know what -ㄴ/은/는 척 하다 means
9
0
"우리가 모르는 척 업무를 볼 수는 없지 않습니까?" Could you tell me what does it mean? Does it mean "We can't see that you are not working?" (You're just pretending to work, not really working) To be honest, I'm really confused with "모르는 척 업무". What does this mean? *I know what -ㄴ/은/는 척 하다 means We Korean people used to omitting words whatever. In this case, you can consider it as following. 우리가 (그것을) 모르는 척(하고), 업무를 볼 수는 없지 않습니까? or 우리가 (그것을) 모르는 척(하며), 업무를 불 수는 없지 않습니까? This sentence is a rhetorical question, that is an ironical expression, so the meaning is "We are not able to work as if we didn't know of it". We Korean people like the humor and satire, so there are a lot of expressions such as that, in Korean. 수사의문문(修辭疑問文) or 반어의문문(反語疑問文)
모르는 척 just means "pretend ignorant" is it part of a longer sentence? something does not sound right
We can't work pretending not to know? For example, James, a co-worker got divorced.. So he spends all the time in sadness.. He didn't say it to any other co-workers.. But the other co-workers heard the fact from someone who knows James well. If all the workers have got along with each other for a long time..like a family... One of the workers can say "모르는 척 업무를 볼 수 없지 않습니까?" when James is not there.
nee d more story . or more sentence what is this situation.... if i guess ...some body our company friend fired....but we have to work keeping... so we worried our company friend... 모르는척...we dont care who fired company friend ...but we have feel sorry who fired friend
LexRomah
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean, Russian
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean