Pelin
Are these sentences ok and natural? Or what would you say? (food on the plate) It's a lot for me. It's a little for me. It's not enough for me.
2
0
There's technically nothing wrong with the sentences you've written. However, in the sense of food on the plate, I think other phrases are more common. It's a lot for me. -> That's plenty, thank you. (Assuming that the server is still dishing it out and you are saying that the amount of food is enough. You could also say, "It's too much for me," but depending on the situation, that could be considered rude.) It's not enough for me. -> Can I have some more, please?
"It's not enough for me" sounds good, but the first two sentences sound unnatural. I think the correct sentences would be: "It's too much for me." "It's too little for me." "It's too little for me" has roughly the same meaning as "It's not enough for me," and I think "it's not enough for me" sounds more like what people say in everyday use.
Pelin
English, Turkish