chen
No one _____ he was. A. could have been quicker than B. could be so quick as C. could be quicker than D. can be as quick as Note: All of them seem ok to me. What do you think the answer is and why? Thanks
14
0
B? Meh. (I personally prefer "as ADJ as" to "so ADJ as") I agree with you, though. They all kinda work. Without context, I gravitate to A, just because you don't have to imagine so much extra backstory just to make it work.
A is wrong because after " than " you need the form " him " not " he ". B is incorrect with the same reason as A. C is correct D is wrong because " can " is in the present tense, but the sentence is in the past tense, according to " was ". it would be right if it was this way " no one can be as quick as he is "
I'll give the explanation in answer!
Thanks, that's why I posted the question.
they're all okay, but it should be decided in the sentence that which one is the correct answer!
chen