Mikhail_F
Do you use Skype on your mobile phone? For a change I'd like to have Skype talks while I'm not sitting at my desk, but walking in the park or along streets in Moscow. It seems to me healthier and more relaxing. I've heard that Skype on mobile phones works pretty well. So I decided to purchase a not very expencive smartphone with 3g/4g and give it a try. But firstly I'd really like to hear if somebody's here on ITalki uses their mobile phone while chatting with language partners. And if so, could you, please, answer several simple questions: - Is 3g connection enough for audio calls? how about video? - Does Skype eat too much traffic? - All handsfree headsets I heard had terrible microphone sound quality. How have you solved this problem? - Do noise and winds outside make it difficult to talk? I would be really appreciate for your answers and opinions. Best,
1
0
3g connection should be good enough to use all the features of skype. Here are examples of some typical Skype data usage: Skype-to-Skype calls: 50kbps or around 3MB for one minute of calling Calls to mobile numbers or landlines: 6-20 kbps or around 1MB for one minute of calling Video calls between two mobile phone devices: 500kbps Video calls between a mobile phone and a computer: 600kbps When I've used skype through phones the quality has actually been really good. Much better than using the typical microphone that comes with a computer.
Mikhail_F