mayllt
what does "bobbed off erratically" mean? In the emergency area he explained the situation to Dr. Burkley. Burkley, like Clifton, was still adrift. He asked vapidly, "Did you tell the press I was with the President when he died?" Taken aback, Kilduff replied that he had. Burkley bobbed off erratically and fetched Mac Perry. Three other
8 июня 2013 г., 4:14
1
0
I am not familiar with the term "bobbed off." My best guess is that this refers to the manner in which the person is walking away. If something is "bobbing" then it is moving up and down in a repeated fashion. Where did you get this section of text? It's not very good writing. I question the use of the word "vapidly" here. It looks like the author is just grabbing a thesaurus and picking words. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bestseller (tongue-in-cheek joke). ;) When we go fishing, we use little balls that float called bobbers. They bob up and down on the water until a fish bites on the hook, then the bobber sinks. Sometimes that's the first clue to start reeling it in.
8 июня 2013 г.
mayllt