mayllt
does "OB"mean "obstetrician "?does "gyn"mean "gynaecological'? According to her account, she was unaware of anything unusual until "I suddenly heard a door open, and an unaccountable number of Dallas policemen screamed at me for help and to bring a carriage." Wheeling in a stretcher from O.B.Gyn., she returned to a corridor packed with yelling policemen. A litter rolled past bearing a patient whose face and head were covered with a suit coat; then she was engulfed by a mass of shoving men. Abruptly the mass parted. She found herself face to face with Lyndon Johnson, "and when I looked at him, recognizing him, I suddenly sensed who our patient on the carriage might be."】 does "OB"mean "obstetrician "?does "gyn"mean "gynaecological'? if it is so, does this sentence mean she take the stretcher from gynecologist, and returned to a corridor?
4
0
嗯,是肯尼迪总统。西装是杰奎琳向克林特•希尔借的。
出於好奇心請教一下,臉被西蓋住的,應該是肯乃迪總統而不是約翰生副總統之妻吧?
Yes, an OB-Gyn is an obstetrician/gynecologist. This is a doctor who primarily treats pregnant women and delivers babies. From the context, I would guess that the woman on the stretcher was the wife of Lyndon Johnson (US President from 1963-1969.) Her face was covered to protect her privacy from photographers, probably because she was suffering a miscarriage (death of a fetus). You asked about the stretcher and the corridor. This simply means that she went to go get a stretcher, as requested, and then took it back to the hallway where the policemen were waiting with the patient. A stretcher is a kind of small cot/bed on wheels, used for transporting a patient within a hospital. A corridor is a hallway. That's my best guess anyway. A bit more context might help, if you could provide more of the paragraph before the excerpt that is here.
OB/GYN refers to the department of obstetrics/gynecology, or 婦產科 in Chinese. The sentence means that in response to the policemen's demand, she went into the department of obstetrics/gynecology to obtain a stretcher, and then returned to the corridor with the stretcher.
mayllt