Xismy19996
What is the difference between entering a marriage and getting married?
11 июня 2013 г., 1:14
4
0
They really mean the same thing although 'entering a marriage' is much more formal. You would hardly ever say this in conversation, or even in most pieces of writing. Instead you would say I am getting married, As an example Entering a marriage might be used if you are saying I am entering a marriage of great beauty in comparison to my past marriage which ended in divorce. Entering a marriage might be used during the actual wedding ceremony by the priest ( or whoever is actually creating the union) It seems to imply the legality of marriage. The binding contract. A marriage - is a legal procedure. But in most cases use getting married!
11 июня 2013 г.
Getting married if more informal spoken english. Only during a the actual ceremony would an official say, "We are gathered here today to witness these to people enter in to marriage,"
11 июня 2013 г.
"Enter a marriage" is just very formal. You see it on invitations and announcements.
11 июня 2013 г.
Xismy19996
Bengali, English, French, Hindi, Italian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish
Bengali, French, Hindi, Russian, Serbian, Spanish