mike29
meaning of this idiom plz One episode of disney channel show "shake it up" is called "three´s a crowd it up". What does that mean? Here´s the plot: A cute dancer named Julio comes to perform on Shake It Up, Chicago!, and Rocky, CeCe and Tinka all fall for him. He asks each girl individually to hang out, so they all show up at Crusty's Pizza Parlor the next day, believing they each have a date with him. Meanwhile, Henry becomes the substitute teacher in Flynn's class. Flynn has to decide to either give him a hard time as a sub or be nice because they are friends. Also, Dina starts taking Deuce's customers away. Thanx a lot
11 มิ.ย. 2013 เวลา 16:34
3
0
Roosh and Jmat are correct. I just didn't want the question sitting here with no actual answer. The complete idiom is "Two's a secret, three's a crowd." So, when two people want to be alone, they might actually say that idiom to a third person. And yes, the third person can be called a "third wheel," but this expression is not usually combined with "Three's a crowd."
11 มิถุนายน 2013
The third person in the group can also be called the "third wheel." For example: "I don't want to go with you and your girlfriend to the movies because I will be the third wheel."
11 มิถุนายน 2013
"Three's a crowd" means that two people want to spend time together (usually for romantic reasons), and anymore people are unwelcome. "Three's a crowd it up" makes no sense. I can only assume it's a reference to the name of the show.
11 มิถุนายน 2013
mike29
English, Japanese, Slovak