juankmtz
How to know when to use "IN" and when have to use "ON" when we are not talking about places For example: I work on improve my skills or I work in improve my skills I'm in a good moment or I'm on a good moment
3
0
'In' is used when you are referring to a state of being. eg. I am in a good mood I am in a panic You are in trouble They are in control These examples all show what state the subject is in currently. Obviously 'in' can also be used whenever something is physically within something else. eg. They are in the car. My pen is in the bag. 'On' is used in the simple sense, when you are talking about something being directly on something else. eg. My book is on the desk. The hat is on my head. This follows that when you are acting directly on something you would use 'on'. eg. I am writing on the paper. You are standing on the desk. On is used when you are referring to something. This is usually external. If you are speaking about your skill set- this is a part of you, but distinct from yourself. eg. I need to work on my accent when speaking English I want to build on my knowledge It is often used with the infinitive. 'to ___ on'
I am working on improving my skills. I am in a good moment (although this is not very idiomatic english). You always work ON something: I am working on my new book. I am working on building a new house. etc.
It would be more common to hear, "I'm in a good place" often, "I'm in a good place right now" place meaning state of mind, not geographic location. This is something a person would say after recovering from an emotional trauma, such as a death in the family. Unless you're trying to say, "I'm having a good time." This would be said at a party or other fun gathering of people.
juankmtz