Paul N
Please translate these phrases to Arabic.... 1. "Keep up the good work" 2. "Excellent work" 3. "Well done" 4. "Have a nice weekend" Many thanks :) Paul
15 juin 2013 05:01
11
0
ummm I'm not sure because my English language not good .. anyway you can say : 1- استمر / ثابر بعملك الجيد .. 2- قمت بعمل ممتاز .. 3- فعلت الصواب - قمت بعمل جيد .. 4- أتمنى لك عطلة أسبوع جيدة .. Arabic language doesn't have one word or idiom mean "weekend" we say "نهاية الأسبوع / الإجازة الأسبوعية" and so on
15 juin 2013
Great, Rita, these are very useful! Thank you.
15 juin 2013
I just read your comment here and if you want to know how to give words of encouragement to students, 1-أحسنت=Good for you. 2-جيد جدا=Very good. 3-ممتاز=Excellent. 4-تُحفة=Masterpiece. 5-اجابة ممتازة=Excellent answer. 6-تقدم ملحوظ=Noticeable progress. (when someone is studying more and making a noticeable progress.) This is all I can think of right now, and it was what my teachers used in my classes :)
15 juin 2013
well, for the last phrase i gave you the right translation: - عطلة نهاية اسبوع سعيدة
15 juin 2013
Thank you Jaafar. For the first 3 comments, I want to know how to give positive feedback and encouragement to students. I do not need exact translation - if there something else that is typically said in arabic with a similar meaning, then please let me know :) For the last one, we commonly say "have a nice weekend" in English. Do you say anything like this in Arabic?
15 juin 2013
Paul N
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Spanish
Arabic, Spanish