Community Web Version Now Available
Weiyang Luo
sb know the expression to use the hand for sb to step on when climbing over a tall wall? I used to remember the term but know I forget it.I know "to give sb a bunk up " is a way.I want another one.To describe joining your hands together for sb to step on them when climbing sth tall that they can't reach its top straight from the ground.It can be a single word or a phrase.Thank you very much.
Jun 15, 2013 9:15 AM
Answers · 3
I've heard the terms: 'I'll give you a hand-up' or 'hander' being used. In Scotland we aslo use the term 'a pucky-up' meaning to push someone up.
June 15, 2013
I could say to give someone a leg up. "give a leg up" is also when you put your hands together so that another person can step onto them to get onto a horse. And it means any kind of support or help to give someone an advantage.
June 15, 2013
Weiyang Luo
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English
Learning Language