baran
whats different between belief and faith? can you use them in sentence?
4
0
Actually... no. Belief is something you think to be true. It can be something very profound or rather simple. The belief that the animals had left the shelter led the hunters to go after them. (Nobody would use "faith" in this case). Faith is itself a belief, but a lot more profound. You may have faith in God, or in your family. The expression "my faith" would refer to "my religion". But the expression "my belief" can refer to an specific dogma taught by my religion, or it can also refer to something you believe that has nothing to do with religion.
Belief is something you think is true based on your experience and evidence. Faith is having a belief based on nothing more than a religious text or the words of a religious "leader".
belief = something you believe in faith = the inner power you have that enables you to believe in something
It is roughly the same concept so you can use both !
baran
English, Persian (Farsi)