Monika
Answer please ~ What is I must/I have to/I need to, in korean? ;3 For example: i need to wash my face, I must eat before i leave Thank you for helping :>
3
0
your answer was very useful, Thanks ^^
The reason the negatives are complicated is because they mean different things. "I have to" means you are required to do something. "I don't have to" is like a personal choice. "I must not" again means you are not allowed to do something. There is also "It is okay to" which is like getting permission. And there is "it is not okay to" which is like you are being told you must not do something. Sorry, I don't mean to complicate your simple question, but understanding the concepts of "must/have to/need to/don't need to/it's okay to/it's not okay to" are really important and use different forms.
There are a couple ways to say it: V + -ㄹ 필요가 있다 = "there is a need to" or "I need to". And V + -아/어/여 + -야 되다/하다 means "I have to" or "I must". It gets complicated when you want to say "I don't have to" or "I must not". Here is a good explanation of "I have to/I need to": http://www.howtostudykorean.com/unit-2-lower-intermediate-korean-grammar/unit-2-lessons-42-50/lesson-46/
Monika
English, Finnish, French, Korean
Korean