Xismy19996
Can anyone please explain to me what this possibly means? I was reading an article on How to deal with Annoying Teachers on wikiHow. I understood all the steps except for step 3. Despite reading that step severals times, I still don't understand what it means. Here is the paragraph of step 3 and article for reference: 3 Many teachers say that you've learned this last year, even if you didn't. Just either wing it or think really hard. Like if they say,"El Verbo Ser is irregular.......Come on! You've learned this last year!" just don't look confused. They usually call on people who look confused. But don't go raising your hand unless it's that kind of teacher. If it is, say," I didn't learn this last year, can you explain it to me?" It'll be helpful to your classmates and you. http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Annoying-Teachers
8
0
My best advice would be to imagine that this person is talking to you, actually imagine his or her voice saying every word. The problem with this paragraph is that it is written in verbal style, not literary style. When you speak you use tone, gestures and other things to make clear what you want to say, but when you write, you don't have these tools. The person who wrote this forgot about that and just wrote it the way he or she say it in verbal communication...
It's annoying when a teacher tells you that you learned something last year, especially if you don't remember learning it last year, It seems like new information. Don't let the teacher know that you don't know what she is talking about. You will be punished by the teacher for not knowing what she thinks you should already know. However, If she is a nice teacher who will not punish you for not knowing what she thinks you should already know, then go ahead and tell her you don't remember learning this lesson last year. And I know this rephrasing of Step 3 was no help at all.
Xismy19996
Bengali, English, French, Hindi, Italian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish
Bengali, French, Hindi, Russian, Serbian, Spanish