Cristina
You say that now It's in Grey's Anatomy S1E3, in the last several minutes of this episode. Derek asked Meredith to go out with him but get turned down. He didn't give up and told her how he feels about her. Below is the script. Derek: It's not the chase. Meredith: What? Derek: You and me. It is not the thrill of the chase. It's not a game. It's...it's your tiny ineffectual fists. And your hair. Meredith: My hair? Derek: Smells good. And you're very, very bossy. Keeps me in line. Meredith: I'm still not going out with you. Derek: You say that now. I'm just confused about the last sentence. What does Derek mean by "you can say that now"?What can we infer from that? Thanks:-)
2
0
Hi Cristina. I'm not a native english-speaker, but I think he means something like: "you are saying that now, but I'm pretty sure you'll change your mind in the future...". He thinks she will accept his proposal some day.
Cristina