Community Web Version Now Available
Terms for sanitary engineering Which word do Americans use for "a toilet sink"? Can you please give me the link to an American website containing specific terms for sanitary engineering? Thanks in advance.
Jun 16, 2013 6:28 PM
Answers · 3
Unless you mean "sink (wash basin) in a bathroom," we do not usually say "toilet sink." If you are referring to the part that we sit on to do our business, we call it a "toilet bowl." "Toilet sinks" also refer to toilet and sink combos, where the sink sits above the tank of the toilet so you can wash your hands while the reservoir is being refilled after a flush. See Here is a website with a labeled diagram of a toilet bowl and all its essential parts.
June 16, 2013
I wonder if what you call a toilet sink might be what we call a mop sink. It looks like this:
June 16, 2013
Language Skills
English, Russian
Learning Language