- Erkan -
When do I use "keep + ing" properly and is it the same as "always". I'm confused with the structure "keep +ing" and using the adverb "always" I keep making mistakes. I always make mistakes. Thank you so much...
5
0
I'm keeping busy these days=I'm alwaya busy these days. So yes, in this case. I'm keeping the keys=I'm protecting the keys from being taken away. So, no in this case. "Keeping" here mean has the second, but associated meaning. See the difference?
there is no diffrence between them in the meaning, it means that the action took a long period of time, and you can also use the ing form with always, you can say: I'm always doing mistakes.
I am not sure about your another question, however, if you mean using present progressive with adverb of frequency- always, it's used for annoying habits, when we want to show that something happens too often and we don't like it. He is always losing his key.
We use keep + V ing form, when do something many times or continue doing. I keep learning English. http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/keep
- Erkan -
English, German, Spanish, Turkish