Cristian
¿How can I join 2 concepts by the preposition "for" in Korean? I don't know how to explain it well without some exaples. i want to know how to join 2 concepts/clauses by the preposition "for" (obviously in Korean). One clause would be an action and the another one would be just a phrase made by nouns, for example in these sentence: "Thank you very much FOR your help" "I'm really sorry FOR my late reply" In advance, Thank you so much for your help!! :)
7
0
도와 줬어서 너무 감사합니다. Thank you very much FOR your help. 늦게 대답해서 정말 미안합니다. I'm really sorry FOR my late reply. maybe ...서... is the answer you want.
I think you're right, I'll try to get the reply by a native speaker, anyway thank youy so much
You're welcome. But you should wait for a native to answer because I don't want to give you the wrong answer.
Thank you so much for your help Mojave! What you said is so similar to what I thought it'd be. I'd like to ask you another thing please, how can I make the second sentence? I mean, using 느라고, could you say me? thanks a lot!!
You have to think differently in Korean. In both of your examples, you could switch the clauses around and use a different conjunction. "You gave me help AND SO thank you." = 도와 주셔서 감사합니다. "My reply is late AND BECAUSE OF THAT I am sorry." In this case, I think the right conjunction is -느라고 - because it gives an excuse for something. But I'm not sure it can be used with adjectives.
Cristian
English, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
Korean