3820
they comped me a room, etc, 1. John Grisham's "the Summons": --------- He loved a good funeral, hated weddings though. --------- I love weddings, --------- Four or five? --------- Four, and counting. what does "counting" mean here? 2. talking about casino: ---------- How did you do? --------- I won a couple of thousand at blackjack. They comped me a room. --------- I paid for that damned room. Probably the whole floor. --------- I love their free drinks, twenty bucks a pop. what does "comped" and "pop" mean here in the dialogue, thank you for your help
2
0
"And counting" means it wont be the last one. It is insinuating that this marriage wont last either. "Comped" they gave it to him for free. " a pop" means for each one. He is being sarcastic when he says "free" drinks, they actually cost $20 each at the casino they visited.
3820