Saeid Estiri
is it GRAMmatically correct? firstly, is the sentence below "grammatically" correct? Helen doesn’t behave the same kind as her father . i think something is wrong with "the same kind". isn't it better to say: Helen doesn't behave so (as) kindly as her father.( and second, if we put "as" instead of "so", does it make any difference?) or Helen doesn't show the same kindness as her father. I'd be much obliged if anyone provides me with answers for my two questions.
1
2
*"the same kind" modifies nouns Helen has the same kind of shoes her father has. The same kind is modifying the noun "shoes". Helen doesn't behave as kindly as her father. "kindly" is an adverb. It modifies the verb "behave". You should use "as" because you are comparing Helen with her father. To form comparatives we use: as + ADJECTIVE/ADVERB +as
Saeid Estiri
English, Persian (Farsi)